Newport has been a playground for visitors since the late 1800s. Nestled between the Coast Mountains, Pacific Ocean and Yaquina Bay, the natural beauty of the area draws those seeking a unique and exciting coastal experience.
Newport's beginnings shaped two distinct areas of the town: the Historical Bayfront and Nye Beach. During the early 1900s, Nye Beach was the number one visitor attraction on the coast. Hot sea baths, taffy stores, and agate shops entertained visitors from the Willamette Valley. Nye Beach is still a very popular haven for the arts, with the Newport Performing Arts and Visual Arts Center amidst unique galleries, book stores, eateries, shopping and lodging.
Historically, the Bayfront was Newport's economic backbone, housing a port for the commercial fishing and wood products industries. Today, the Bayfront is still home to one of Oregon's largest commercial fishing fleets. The Bayfront is a working waterfront on which visitors can enjoy shops, art galleries, chowder houses, restaurants, fish processing plants and family attractions in turn-of-the-century storefronts from a bygone era.
Newport awaits your visit. There are numerous lodging properties with terrific views, great restaurants with the freshest seafood, and a variety of meeting facilities offering full service for business meetings, planning seminars or conferences.
Activities abound in Newport. Estuary and forest trails, teeming with wildlife, lead you through clearings to sweeping ocean and bay views. Newport's two historic lighthouses sit atop picturesque bluffs. Beachcombers delight in hunting for coastal treasures such as driftwood, shells and fossils. Miles of sandy beaches and a moderate climate allow for year-round beach activities. Visitors can see native plants and animals in controlled environments at local aquariums and interpretive centers.
Many of Newport's scenic roads and beaches are ideal for biking, hiking and jogging. Residents and visitors alike enjoy sporting activities with public facilities including tennis, racquetball, handball, swimming and golfing.
Oregon Coast Aquarium:
- Hatfield Marine Science Center (Tide Table and Weather information)
- NOAA Marine Operations Center-Pacific
- Marine Discovery Tours
- Infamous Mo's Restauant
- Local Ocean Seafoods and Restaurant
- Saffron Salmon Restaurant
- Oregon Coast Aquarium
- Oregon Coast Visitors Association
- Port of Newport Marina and RV Park
- Yaquina Art Association
- Yaquina Head Lighthouse
- Yaquina Bay Lighthouse
- Yaquina Bay Bridge
- Historic Nye Beach
- Newport Visual Arts Center
- Newport Performing Arts Center
- Rogue Ales Microbrewery
- Historic Newport Bayfront
- Mariner's Square: Ripley's Believe It or Not, WaxWorks, Undersea Gardens
- Agate Beach Golf Course
- Newport Wikipedia
- Clearwater Restaurant
- Lincoln County Oregon Music Teachers Association (OMTA)
- February - Seafood and Wine Festival
- February - Fine Arts & Craft Festival
- March - Oregon Coast Home and Garden Show
- March - Blessing of the Fleet
- March - Miss Lincoln County Scholarship Pageant
- March - Whale Watching Week
- April - Oregon Coast Aquarium's "Spring Flower and Garden Show"
- April - Newport Swing Choir Festival
- May - Loyalty Days and Seafair Festival
- May - Oregon Coast Aquarium's Virtual Reality Submarine Ride
- May - Newport Marathon
- May - Annual Glastonbury Renaissance Festival
- May - Newport Elks Jazz Festival
- May - October - Saturday's Farmer Market (Saturdays only)
- June - Gem and Mineral Show
- July - Newport Clambake & Seafood BBQ in historic Nye Beach
- July - Lincoln County Fair and Rodeo
- July - Ernest Bloch Music Festival
- July - 4th of July Fireworks on Yaquina Bay
- August - Quilts by the Sea
- August - Oregon Lighthouse Week
- August - Oregon Coast Aquarium's "All American Road Celebration"
- September - Stories by the Sea
- October - Microbrew Festival
- October - Columbus Day Regatta
- October - Great Oregon Fall Beach Cleanup
- October - Oregon Coast Aquarium's "Creatures of the Night" Halloween Party
- November - Holiday Bazaar
- November - Oyster Cloister
- November - Lighted Boat Parade
- December - Festival of Trees
- December - Oregon Coast Aquarium's Sea of Lights Holiday Festival
- December - Winter Whale Watch Week
- December - Holiday House
- December - Victorian Holiday
Newport Area Schools:
Sam Case Elementary and Early Childhood Center
Newport Middle School & Isaac Newton Magnet School
Newport High School
The information being provided by the Lincoln County Multiple Listing Service is exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.